Do you love to start your day with a nice warm breakfast but don’t have a lot of time? Is quick and easy more of your speed but yet quick and easy usually means donuts or toaster pastries? Instead of continuing to break your new years resolutions by failing to plan, why not plan with this prepare ahead breakfast recipe.
This breakfast bake will not only “hit the spot” but it will also set you up for weight loss success. Because this bake isn’t loaded with sugar and other refined ingredients, you won’t be riding the cravings roller coaster all day long either. So instead of choosing donuts or pastries, make up this recipe and have enough to get you through all week.
Enjoy and here is to your goals for 2018!
Easy Pear Quinoa Breakfast Bake
Serves about 6
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground clove
- 2 pears (peel and dice)
- 2 pasture raised eggs
- 2 cups organic whole milk (or dairy alternative)
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/3 cup walnuts (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray casserole pan with coconut oil and set aside.
- Mix together the uncooked quinoa and spices. Pour into the casserole dish.
- Add diced pear on top.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs and whisk in the milk and honey. (heat up the honey to make it easier to combine)
- Pour the egg mixture over the top of the pear and quinoa. Stir gently to get the egg mixture over the pear and then sprinkle walnuts over the top.
- Depending on your oven, bake casserole for about 1 hour or until the liquid is mainly absorbed.
- Wait until it is cooled, cover it and refrigerate overnight. Take out in the morning, cut into squares, microwave in a bowl, and enjoy. You can also add some Greek yogurt to it and/or fresh berries for even more yumminess.