Summers can be a wonderfully relaxing, yet lazy time of the year. A time that can also have you at the food table more times than you’d care to admit. Such as when you are being your awesome social butterfly self and mixing it up at all the outdoor parties and BBQ’s all over town. And if you aren’t careful, they can also spin you out of control. Ending up with you binging on all of the things. Then before you know it, you are 10 lbs. heavier and wondering what the heck happened.
So, before you are caught off guard in a situation where you don’t want to be, because let’s face it, you have goals…instead, be armed with these 3 tasty summer treats that you can bring or pull out anytime the weather is warm OR you just want to not be left out on all the summer treat fun!
Hydrating Lemon Blueberry Popsicles
Makes 6 pops
- 1 ½ cups organic frozen blueberries
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup xylitol (or sweetener of choice equivalent)
- ¼ cup coconut water
- In a blender, add all ingredients until smooth. Taste for sweetness desired.
- Add mixture into popsicle molds and freeze for about 5 hours until firm.
Mini Berry Cheesecakes
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 tbsp. coconut sugar
- ¼ cup grass fed salted butter
- 1 pkg organic cream cheese (16 oz. room temp)
- 2 pasture raised eggs
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice (fresh squeezed)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup xylitol (or equivalent sweetener)
- 1 cup frozen organic berries (blueberry, raspberries etc.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using a muffin tin, add liners to all 12 slots.
- In food processor add almond flour, pecans, coconut sugar and butter. Process until combined and moist. Add mixture evenly to each slot and press down until compacted.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add room temp cream cheese and beat until fluffy. Add eggs, lemon juice, vanilla, and xylitol until thoroughly mixed. Divide evenly among all 12 muffin slots.
- Bake for about 25 to 35 minutes or until set. Toothpick should come out clean. Cool for 20 minutes.
- In a saucepan, add the frozen berries and cook on medium heat until they naturally reduce. Stir and break up the berries.
- Once cheesecakes are cool, top with the berry mixture and chill overnight before serving.
Dairy Free Vanilla Protein Ice Cream
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup medjool dates
- 4 tbsp collagen powder
- In a blender, add all ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Add mixture into a loaf pan and freeze until firm.
- For one hour after you put into the freezer, stir every 15 minutes so that it doesn’t become too icy in texture.
- Once you are ready to eat it, set it out for 10 minutes so that you can scoop it easier.
I hope that you try these treats, even with summer soon coming to an end. Make them for yourself, your family, or bring them to a potluck because nobody will ever know. And if you want more recipes like these, check out my blog for others and don’t forget to share it with a friend so you don’t keep all this goodness to yourself. Have a blessed week.
With Nourishing Love,